I made a fresh batch of lavender & lime soap. It is my best seller and I make a batch just about every time I make soap. I also experimented with a new scent; lemon basil with French green clay. It is a nice clean scent for spring. I'm interested to see the reaction it gets at the next vendor fair. I really take note of what people enjoy and ask for. I then translate that as best I can with new product.
My face and body lotion is made with a hint of organic patchouli essential oil. It is great for maturing skin. I also love the earthy scent. I have found some people are allergic to it and make batches of unscented lotion as well. But, I have been asked more than once for lavender lotion so I have that now as well. It has a touch of organic lavender essential oil. Lavender is good on the skin as well so a match made for luscious soft skin.
All of my lotions are made with organic avocado oil. It was an accident that went right. I had been using sweet almond oil and grabbed the wrong bottle by mistake. Being impatient I tried it instead and fell head over heals in love with the results. It was then that I looked up the benefits of avocado oil. Nothing like putting the cart before the horse. This is what I found:
- It contains sterolin which studies have shown to facilitate the softening of the skin and to reduce age spots.
- Avocado oil is rich in antioxidants, making it useful for healing sun-damaged skin. Antioxidants like vitamin A, D and E in avocado cause the skin to be suppler, and thus particularly good for dry or aged skin.
- Avocado oil applied topically helps relieve dry and itchy skin. Once applied, avocado oil is deeply absorbed by the skin, thus making it an ideal moisturizer and skin care agent.
- In addition to helping clear scaly skin, it can also relieve itchy scalp symptoms. Avocado oil, when regularly applied to the scalp, can stimulate hair growth.
- When applied, avocado oil increases the production of collagen, which helps keep the skin plump and decreases the effects of aging.
- Avocado oil is useful in the treatment of a variety of skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis. Avocado oil facilitates the healing of wounds and burns to the skin. It also helps to relieve and heal diaper rash.
From personal experience my skin feels deeply moisturized. Every now and then I treat myself to a facial. My esthetician is rather exasperated that I make my own products and that they work so well. She really wants to recommend the products she sells but can't make a justification for it.
Some people may be allergic to avocado oil so you should do a patch test just in case.
Today I packaged orders and labeled soap. I took a quick inventory to see what I need to make before the fair next week. I played in my art journal, caught up on e-mail and this afternoon I will bake cookies and watch movies with my daughter. Tonight she is making us a bacon and egg pizza for dinner. I hope you enjoy your days off just as much as I do.