Friday, August 7, 2015

Traveling Muffins #Recipe

August is a PTO month for me - Personal Time Off.  I have done some work and will do a little more before the month is done but in between will  be some much needed time away with family.  I started the month at the Health, Wealth and Home Expo.  It was a beautiful week end, I met some amazing people and left feeling grateful.
Today I cleaned the house from top to bottom while hubby detailed the car.  Then I made a batch of traveling muffins before heading to the spa.  Nothing like a good massage to start a vacation off right. I made the first version of these muffins many years ago for something to munch on in the wee hours of the morning before stopping for breakfast. And by wee hours I mean the middle of the night to most people.  They were a big hit and now are part of our family's traveling tradition.
I have tweaked the recipe a little here and there but this is the version I made this morning.
Traveling Muffins


Blueberry Coconut Muffins
AKA Traveling Muffins

Note:  all the ingredients I use are organic.  And my FIL loved these even though he claims to hate coconut.

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup cane sugar
4 tsp lemon zest
2/3 cup raw milk (or heavy cream)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins or use cupcake papers.

Beat butter, sugars and zest until fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time; beating after each addition.   Add milk and mix.  Add flour and beat until just combined.  Stir in coconut and gently fold in blueberries.  Using a large kitchen scoop (ice cream scoop) fill muffin tin.  Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Makes 24 muffins.



1 comment:

  1. The recipe sounds great. And I confident that it is ~ everything you make is amazing! AND I wish you a beautiful time of R&R with your family. EnJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you