Saturday, May 30, 2015

#Bugbite Relief

I had time to play in my studio last week and I was inspired to make a bug bite relief salve.  Some organic calendula that I infused in olive oil which is great for the skin.  Calendula officinales helps with inflammation, minor cuts, bruises, strains and burns.  This was mixed with a little beeswax to give it firmness and organic essential oils that are also great for skin irritations.  I poured it into lip balm tubes and let it set up.  And, the best part is if you mix it up with your regular lip balm it's OK.  Everything in it is great for your lips as well.  That is the beauty of using all natural ingredients thy can serve multiple purposes.  My cuticle salve can be used as an unscented lip balm.  All of my lip balms can be used as cuticle salve.

You can pick up any of these at Whiting Mills Open Studios and Block Party or you can order on line. And while you are at the open studios event stop by studio 336 home of my friend Rose of Walk in the Woods.  Among her many amazing artistic and herbal offerings she has bug spray available.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to keep in a pocket, knapsack, beach bag and the like ~ to always have on hand to soothe the bugger-bites!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you